At the ripe age of 30 sumthin’, life has taught me valuable lessons. Some were harsh and unforgiving. While others were beautiful and lasting. Yea, I know what you are thinking; did she say 30 sumthin? Yep. Sure did. I know. Don’t look it. Thank heavens for good genes. Lmao. Through it all, like anyone else, I have laughed. Cried. Been driven to anger. And desperation.Denied some were happening. Loved. Lost. Begged for forgiveness. Persevered. Overcame. The entire lot. I can’t imagine what the next few decades will bring my way. Permit me to share some bits with you.
1) No one can take the place of family, but some people come pretty close.
2) You can’t change people. And some people will never change.
3) Sometimes, you have to stop waiting for the perfect moment(s) and take the risk.
4) People will let you down. They are only human.
5) Things always look better the next morning.
6) The only person you should compare yourself to, is the person you used to be.
7) You cannot please everyone. Don’t bother trying.
8) Sometimes you have to lose to win.
9) Crying is NOT a sign of weakness. It actually cleanses the soul.
10) If you are stuck in one place, perhaps there is trouble ahead.
11) Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
12) Everyone makes mistakes. If it happens again, it’s a choice
13) Don’t judge, everyone is fighting a different battle.
14) We teach people how to treat us.
15) Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can come together
16) Today will never come again.
17) You know their name. Not their story.
18) In every heart, there is sorrow the eye can’t see
19)” When someone has a problem with you. It’s their problem. Not yours”.
20) Don’t change to impress anyone.
21) Tomorrow is not promised to us.
22) “Don’t take people for granted. No matter how much they love you, people get tired”
23) No matter how much you guard and protect your heart, you are still going to get hurt.
24) You cannot love another, until you love yourself.
25) You are fabulous! Don’t let anyone tell you differently.
26) Try to live each day as if it was your last.
27) No matter how bad things look now, they will get better.
28) “No matter how much you revisit the past; there is nothing new to see”.
29) Everyone has skeletons in their closet.
30) It’s okay to ask for help.
31) No one can take your place in this universe.
32) If something is meant to be, it will always find a way.
33) Treat people how they could be.
34) If you walk away from a relationship and he/she does not chase you, keep walking.
35) “Everyone comes with baggage; find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack”
Until the next post,